Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Dirt Cake







The request: "Dirt cake, that is really chocolate, with worms, beetles and bugs. Green grass that is really colored coconut."

I have to say that this kind of birthday cake is my favorite, as "messy" is acceptable. :) Chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, topped with either green coconut or crushed oreos. Then the bug placement.....chocolate covered raisins for an ant trail, gummy snake in the grass, and an entire worm farm, sticking out everywhere. I added some butterflies, ladybugs snails, frogs, crickets, (all gummy). Since I couldn't find a candy beetle, I put a couple plastic ones. The rest was edible.

Little person was quite pleased at the finished product!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Angela said...

How fun and yummy too!!

Diana said...

I've served a few dirt cakes in my lifetime - usually chocolate pudding bursting with worms and such. Yours is a little more state of the art!