Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Mr. L update

This morning he was put on "comfort care" which means keep him comfortable until he passes. He had a TERRIBLE night last night....thrashing around (he was restrained so that he wouldn't pull anything out), moaning and crying out. This afternoon the morphine kicked in and he rested pretty well. He visually relaxed when one of his out-of-town sons arrived. Tomorrow the last one will arrive so a person does wonder if he's just hanging on for that purpose. We shall see.

Tonight LOTS of family and friends came to say their good-byes to him. The nurses are quite overwhelmed with all the friends and family that come to visit. It's NOT the norm for them! They appreciate it very much!

I must say that I am VERY impressed with the Lebanon Hospital. It certainly has changed since I've been there several years ago. They have a lovely family lounge right around the corner from his room that has a family kitchen and family restroom (with a shower even), lots of comfy chairs, sofa to sleep on, blankets, pillows, towels etc for family. And now outside of his room they have a drink cart with various hot and cold drinks.

Now I must try to sleep! Good night.

1 comments:

Diana said...

Some things change so fast, don't they. I'm flying up for Dorothy C. funeral this Sat. Thinking of you.