Sunday, January 1, 2012

Introspection

A New Year always seems to dawn with reflections. Recent introspection of the past 12 months, the ups, downs, joys, pains has fed my thankfulness!

One contemplation I had, was about my blog. Trying to decide if I wanted to keep it "up and running" or close it down. After reading several of my posts, while they do show some of my craft/sewing projects, they don't show much heart or feeling. I ask myself...am I okay with that? I enjoy following blogs but I realized today that the ones I appreciate the most are the ones that share real feelings and heart from life's experiences. While I am a feeling person, I am also a private one, I have kept that part of my heart tucked away from what I share on my blog. So I waffle back and forth, forth and back.

My visitor counter, tells me that many people check into my blog, which actually makes me even more nervous about sharing very deeply....not knowing who is reading it.

This last year was a great learning year for me. Through some difficult experiences, I have learned more about God and His patience. I had to unexpectedly "say" good bye to a couple of friendships that had meant a good deal to me. Yet, through the agony, confusion, pain, etc, I look back and am SO thankful. My thankfulness doesn't mean that I understand any more than I did, but I look at where I was a year ago and am thankful for what God was able to do, even through painful letting go.

This morning I received a text, in response to my "Happy New Year" that said, "I hope it's the best ever for you". At which I replied, "can't help but be.....fair are the prospects all ahead." Fair ARE the prospects all ahead, doesn't mean, no pain, no sorrow, no bumps, as those are the very ingredients that simultaneously feed and prove my faith.

I want 2012 to be the most prosperous year in every way that it can be........for me......and you! Walking circumspectly.......

Happy New Year!!!


PS. As far as keeping the blog.....jury is still out on that one.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

I like reading your blog, Krista, but I too wonder "what to write or not write" on my blog sometimes, WHO all is reading it? ;)
Saw your Dad and brother at meeting this morning, hope you all have a happy new year!

Krista said...

Thank you, Lisa! Appreciate the input....

Amy said...

Sweet post, Krista and I enjoying seeing what you're up to! I understand your feelings about the blog and I often hold back because I don't know who all is reading, but I know there are those that like to see pictures so that's mostly what my posts are. Happy New Year to you and I look forward to getting together with you!

Krista said...

Thank you, Amy! I guess that's why I stick with pictures...that way it doesn't matter WHO reads it.
You have a WONDERFUL subject to post pictures of, without using any words....little L is your heart, displayed right there in the pic!!! So yours have much heart expression! :)
When I re-read most of my blog, it seemed so surface and boring, which is okay as I'm not a dynamic person but I felt like it didn't really express me, in some ways. Yet maybe that is okay? I don't know. If I wanted to change it, not sure what I would do differently. We'll see....
Thanks for sharing though! It does encourage me....

SunshineStateWilson4 said...

I think blogging is a great way to share whatever you want to...even if its just pictures. I enjoy checking yours. :-)

Krista said...

Thanks, Sara. I'm sure I'll continue to mostly post pictures.

MrsRitzB said...

I still read toooooooo! :) Mine is a "surface blog" too - I'm okay with saving and sharing my heart with only those I choose to. Since I don't know who all reads our blog, I'd rather keep it not-so-personal...

Krista said...

Thank you, Ris. I LOVE reading your blog, though you wouldn't know it, considering I hardly leave a comment. :)