I love the soft look of this scarf. I cannot stand too much scarf around my neck as I get too hot :-) Anyway I was wondering if you would share the pattern with me and let me know where I can buy that type of yarn. I only do simple knitting so hope it is easy. We simply do not have a knitting store here so wonder where I can find it? Thanks for the help, JoAnn
JoAnn, I have purchased my yarn at JoAnn's Fabric store and Michael's. JoAnn's also has it online. It is a VERY simple knit stitch...6 stitches. The yarn has a metallic string on one end...you stitch in the other end...top row. The yarn goes around instead of back and forth. There are directions on the inside cover of the yarn, but I struggled to understand it, until I had worked with the yarn. It is red heart boutique, "Sashay". Good luck! I have 2 more skeins...different colors.
Thank you Krista! I will look for it. Jim had surgery on a ruptured tendon and will be laid up for 3 months. So when there is waiting time at Dr etc i thought it would be nice to have something like that to do. maybe I should teach Jim how to knit. That would no doubt finish off my fraying nerves.
5 comments:
Krista,
I love the soft look of this scarf. I cannot stand too much scarf around my neck as I get too hot :-) Anyway I was wondering if you would share the pattern with me and let me know where I can buy that type of yarn. I only do simple knitting so hope it is easy. We simply do not have a knitting store here so wonder where I can find it? Thanks for the help, JoAnn
JoAnn, I have purchased my yarn at JoAnn's Fabric store and Michael's. JoAnn's also has it online. It is a VERY simple knit stitch...6 stitches. The yarn has a metallic string on one end...you stitch in the other end...top row. The yarn goes around instead of back and forth. There are directions on the inside cover of the yarn, but I struggled to understand it, until I had worked with the yarn. It is red heart boutique, "Sashay". Good luck! I have 2 more skeins...different colors.
Thank you Krista! I will look for it. Jim had surgery on a ruptured tendon and will be laid up for 3 months. So when there is waiting time at Dr etc i thought it would be nice to have something like that to do. maybe I should teach Jim how to knit. That would no doubt finish off my fraying nerves.
This yarn is lovely and will make a beautiful scarf. Almost makes me wish I could knit!!
Marla, it is truly VERY easy. But you do have to learn to knit...but that's easy too! :)
Post a Comment