This year, our Gravenstein apple tree out-did itself! We have made gallons and gallons and gallons of absolutely delicious applesauce that is now nestled in the freezer for a long winter's nap as well in the fridge. (I have eaten a LARGE amount....just can't help myself)

We spent one afternoon making and canning 19 quarts of apple pie filling. Was a first for us. While it wasn't real hard, there were several steps involved.
We spent one afternoon making and canning 19 quarts of apple pie filling. Was a first for us. While it wasn't real hard, there were several steps involved.
I also made 3 apple dapple cakes (2 in bundt pans and 1 in muffin cups). I LOVE the chunks of apple in every bite! I also altered the ones I made into muffins, using all whole wheat flour instead of white and I REALLY like them!!!!
Today I made apple cinnamon rolls and an apple pastry braid, neither of which I took pics of. Out of them all, I still love the applesauce best! :) YUM!!!!

3 comments:
YUM!! Lots of good food for the long winter months!
It all looks yummy, but a warm apple muffin with a bowl of cold applesauce... yummm.
Yum! Mom and I canned apple pie filling one year and I was hopeful we'd do it again this year since the apples were so wonderful. It just didn't happen...sure glad someone did :)
Post a Comment